Breathe

Breathe - Sarah Crossan

Breathe was an okay book, with a little action, a little suspense, a little romance, and an okay plot and story. The plot was a bit simple, in my opinion.

This book is about, that in the future, trees are dead, and people live in domes, where a company called Breathe creates artificial oxygen for its citizens. First of all, I don't think it's realistic. All the trees are dead? Right  now there are lots of nature lovers and environmentalists who care and make sure the Earth is good. I don't believe they would just suddenly let all the trees die, there will always be people who support nature and protect trees and stuff!!!!

Also, Sarah Crossan's writing technique was okay. It was average, it wasn't very descriptive, and the story wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. It was plain. It was predictable.

Why I gave it a 3.5 stars instead of a 3 star, would be because of the cover. It's simply stunning!!! It's so pretty with a great color choice and color contrasts. That would be how Earth would look without trees, barren!

I know how people say " Don't judge a book by its cover" But, I think the cover represents how much work an author puts in to make their book good. If they don't have a pretty cover, it means they don't value their book as much. Authors would clearly put lots of effort to make the entire book good, instead of just the story. The cover would mean, in my opinion, the author clearly thinks their book is good, since the cover is the first thing a reader sees. A cover shows how much an author wants people to like their book.