The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones

City of Bones  - Cassandra Clare

Finally, a female Percy Jackson!!!!!! City of Bones is an amazing read with lots of suspense, action, and creative twists that will make you want to read more!!! Cassandra Clare is a great author who makes writing exciting. City of Bones is filled with fights, swords, and demons! A fresh twist, with instead of Gods and Goddesses, there's demons, vampires, and werewolves!

This book had a lot of secrets and twists that I would have never thought of. The storyline is simple, Clary and Jace go and fight demons, and try to bring back the Cup. But, along the way, there is a lot of information being revealed, and it was simply stunning! The author clearly thought of many ways to make the book as interesting as possible, I simply love the Mortal Instruments!! I will definitely read the series and finish it!

The reason I gave this book a 4.5 stars instead of 5 stars, was Clary is weak, doesn't know how to protect herself using weapons, and relies on Jace to basically lead the way and do everything. Clary isn't as strong as I hoped she would be, fighting demons and all, but this doesn't make the book any worse, in my opinion. City of Bones is still a great book. I feel that Clary will improve at fighting and killing demons, she will be more strong! She is clueless now because she's new and all, and she learned a lot of new things in such a short time. I would recommend this book to female Percy Jackson fans!