Steelheart

Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson

Description:

There are no heroes.

Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics.

But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills.

Nobody fights the Epics... nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.

And David wants in. He wants Steelheart—the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning—and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.

He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.

Wow!!!!! This book was epic!!!! (Pun intended). Steelheart was full of action and not your average superhero novel. In this world, the people with powers, or the epics, are evil and rule over the cities. The writing was amazing!!!! Brandon Sanderson is a serious writer who knows how to make the story flow nicely. The writing was so good, you can tell right from the beginning in the prologue. The prologue made me feel as if I was with David in the bank. The character development was great too. I felt connected to the main character, David. There also wasn't a lot of romance involved, which was great. The story was good, the writing made the book better. 4.5 stars, and I will definitely be reading the next book in the series, Firefight!